Worst semester ever.
Everyone has six names.
1. Your Real name: Taylor
2. Your detective name (Favorite color and favorite Animal): Red Manta Ray
3. Your soap opera name (middle name and street you live on): Ann Ramsay
4. Your Star wars name (first three letters of last name, first two of middle name, first two of first, last three of last): Meyantaer
5. Superhero name (color of your shirt, first item to your immediate left): Black Door
6. Goth name (Black and one of your pets): Black Lily
everyone now has to call me meyantaer
We’ve now entered an era in which affinity politics has gotten so toxic that even motherhood and apple pie are fair targets if it turns out that liberals happen to like apple pie.
There are dozens of good reasons that we should be building out solar as fast as we possibly can—plummeting prices, overdependence on foreign oil, poisonous petrostate politics, clean air—but yes, global warming is one of those reasons too. And since global warming has now entered the conservative pantheon of conspiratorial hoaxes designed to allow liberals to quietly enslave the economy, it means that conservatives are instinctively opposed to anything even vaguely related to stopping it.